Everyone loves camping but when it comes to handling food catering, no one seems to be up for it. Sometimes the travel group can also be very large which further limits the food options. With more people, there are more restrictions as everyone has a different taste. So it comes down to deciding on meals that would be easy to cook and cater for everyone. Snacking is the best option in this situation but when you’re travelling; it is not enough to answer the hunger vibes from your stomach. Take a look as We have listed down some of the easy camping meals for large groups.
In order to come up with a meal solution, you need to think of food that everyone enjoys eating, and one which, if leftover, can be finished on the way. Easier meal plan means easy cooking. You will also need to find out how much ice and wood you will need and whether you will cook out in the open or use a grill machine. To make things easy for you, we have compiled for you the top ten simplest meals to try out while camping with lots of family members or friends.
1.Burgers are a great idea if you want to keep it clean and simple. You just have to roll up some ground beef and then flat it out into patties which you have to later toss on the grill. For a large group, 3 to 4 pounds of meat is sufficient to make about 20 burgers. The cooking time is also sufficient enough for when you are on the road and you can easily have it well done on low heat in about 20 minutes if the meat is finely grounded. Then you need to have the patties up in bread buns, after which you can throw in lettuce, tomatoes and pickles with sauces of your choice.
2. Italian Sausages in a Bun is the juiciest option which is quite filling as well. Moreover it is also more flavorful than other options. Grilling them is usually the way to go but it’s a better experience if you cook them over campfire. It is a relatively simple method. First you need to put an Italian sausage in a skewer and then hold it on top of the campfire to cook it. You need to keep moving it in different directions so it does not burn from heat on one side, and is cooked equally from all sides. Think of it as toasting some marshmallows on bonfire. Once the cooking part is over with, put them in a bun or eat them directly from a bamboo skewer!
3.Mega Breakfast Sandwich is the best option if you want to come up with an easy yet delicious breakfast plan. You need to keep some biscuits, eggs, bacon and some cheese with you for this one. The first step is to toss the eggs in a skillet. Cook it over the campfire and keep flipping the sides so it cooks evenly. Then throw in some bacon. Having pre-cooked biscuits is better since utensils are limited in a camp. To finish it up, stack the sandwich together or toss it up.
4. Chicken Skewers are super easy to make because you just need to arrange all the main ingredients on a skewer and cook it over the campfire or on a grill machine. Chicken is also a good option regarding the cooking time as it cooks quickly, usually in just 7 to 10 minutes. First you need to cut small pieces, preferably square. Then you need to insert them in a bamboo skewer and let them roast on the grill rack. Keep flipping it till its golden brown and finish it off by sprinkling some pepper and lemon on it. If you want to save up more on time, you can just use pre cooked chicken chunks or cutlets.
5.Pot of Rice is one of the most basic meals out there but its also the most filling. During the trip it’s the best option as it gets you back on the track with your energy levels. The simplest method of boiling water is by placing the pot on the grill rack. You need to make sure that the temperature is not too hot. Cook rice like you would back at home and any flavor, like ramen spice packet.
5. Bacon Pancakes are going to be your next favorite once you try them. They are the best of both worlds. Since you are on the road, it is better to keep a pancake mix rather than keeping all the ingredients you would use to make fresh pancakes. The first step is to cook the bacon nicely so it’s crispy and perfectly cooked throughout. Then get rid of the grease and in the same pan, make the pancakes with the bacon still in the pan. The outcome will be yummy pancakes with bacon in the middle. If you want you can drizzle some syrup on the top.
7. Spaghetti with Sauce is something everyone is going to love because who doesn’t like pasta? You just need to keep a pot and some boiling water with a flavor that is commonly adored by all and you are done. You can also add any meat you might have or any veggies for an extra kick.
8.French Fries need some cooking oil, potatoes and a pot to make the magic happen. Fresh potatoes make the best fries and the only hard work in the process is slicing them up into wedges. After they are done cooking you can serve them with something like burgers.
9. Fish is an amazing meal to have if you have water on site. It’s the best experience if you are getting it through fishing. All you need to do is some cleaning and grill it with something flavorful.
10.Grilled Veggies can be anything from carrots to avocados. You can serve them alongside or as a salad. Grilling them gives an extra kick. You can make a flavorful mix by adding seeds.Apart from putting in some effort, cooking at camp is very much of a fun activity. It is a nice way of spending time in a productive manner and you can utilize food sources available on site for added fun. Moreover, there are many hassle-free options for you to try out for food, so you can save your sweat and start planning a vacation!
11. Yogurt Cups is a small scale dish that does not take up much of the preparation time. It is also a low calorie dish which means it is a good option for you to have if you are on a diet. You could easily get a big pack of 36 for your family and friends and they can be eaten fresh for breakfast, brunch or any other part of the day.
12. Strawberries and Chocolate :This one is everyone’s favorite. No matter what time of the day or season it is, this one is the most asked for! You just need a fresh pack of strawberries and some chocolate chips to make the magic happen. Along with this you only need a pot to melt the chocolate chips together. For even more feasibility, you can just have some chocolate syrup in your stock. Plus the strawberry is sure to keep your energy level up and running.
You Can also check our Related Articles
Gilbert is a 23-year old blogger from South america who is a Camping enthusiast and a Technology geek. He is a certified Engineer and is Pursuing his Masters in University Of chile. Read more about him